Monday, December 16, 2013

La Poem

After watching a few mindless hours of sitcoms, I realized that today was hardly eventful...and also how much I love sitcoms.

Earlier in the evening, I did craft my yearly ornament. I have made a homemade ornament every Christmas for as long as I can remember.

La finished product:


A little gingerbread man :) And a very satisfied me.
I acknowledge that this post is on the shorter side, so I suppose I will put in the beginning of a poem that I scribble-typed a few days ago. I am not sure if I want to end it as is, or add on. Feedback is of course, is much appreciated.

And la poem:

I sip applejuice from plastic cups
As my boyfriend twiddles his thumbs.
He’s wearing his pull-over that makes him feel “college”
And I’m biting my lip wondering what leather tastes like.
We were talking about boots that zip
And now I can’t get the smell out of my head.
Thinking of cows on my feet
And the free flank steak I ate about forty five minutes ago.
If I look at my bottom right forearm just right,
I can see the big dipper.
My freckles, mirroring the sky.
Someone once told me we were made of stardust
And I told them that they were stupid.
I’m made of my grandfather’s lady bug tattoo
Of blades of grass, holes between teeth,
Unmade beds, dirty ankles,
And fingertip kisses.
I am everything that I hoped I would be
But perhaps nothing that you’ve wished for.


...It seems a bit rushed, but again, just a tentative ending.

Thoughts are welcome,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment